Tuesday, June 5, 2012

06-03-12 Durham in Tappahannock

Another Sunday at Durhams auction in Tappahannock. This was an auction packed full of stuff with tons of fishing gear, baby dolls, toys and yard equipment. Mr Quinn wasn't there today so Mike Collins and William Dunn did a lot of the auctioning with of course Mr Durham. I almost want to say this wasn't a high end auction but I don't know if that would be the truth because the lawn equipment was made by John Deere and Stihl and a lot of nice fishing equipment from Penn, Daiwa and Mitchell. This was one of those auction where I think everyone walked away with a little something. There were tons of table lots and box lots. Even though William and Mike are fairly new to being auctioneers I can really see the improvement and if you did not know they were new they might fool you, I have seen much more experienced auctioneers that were not as good. Something else besides the jokes laughter good deals and just all out good time I would like to mention about Durhams is that I have never seen a ghost bid there (though there are sometimes left bids they are legit because I have seen the people leave the bids) and I think this is a very good honest auction house. The staff at Durham from the lady who serves food, the cashier and all the people who either help hold things up or help the auction in other ways are a top notch crew. He has a few really nice auction auction coming up one of which is at a shopping center and has what I have been told is some of the best high end furniture and other great items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment