Monday, October 3, 2011

10-1-2011 Tillmans auction in Midlothian Virginia

10-1-2011 On-site auction in Midlothian Virginia. This auction was done by Tillmans auction and was the first time for me at one of their auctions. It was a rather cooler day but the rain did stay away.There was a great variety of merchandise.This auction will be finished on the second day which is Wednesday.The glassware went for a fair price I wouldn't say cheap but wasn't over bid either.There was a lot of red coin dot glass and some nice carnival glass and even a few Northwood pieces.There was a good selections of prints which I don't know much about but seem to sell very well. The tools sold a bit high which i see a lot of at auctions. There was a 55 Chevy Nomad project car which I think brought about $4500. There was a small amount of firearms and some coins both which always seem to do well at auction.Being my first time at this auction companies auction I would give them a great rating. Very professional staff.The signed me in quickly and handle everything very efficiently.They did seem to know the product very well and they sold it at a nice pace for the most part. They had 2 auctioneers one would sell for a while then the other.I was later told this was the younger auctioneers first auction but I think this must have been a joke because he was very good tho he missed a couple bids,I blame some of this on a crowd that for some reason like to bid after he said sold and were slow to raise their cards.The older auctioneer went quick knew his product was funny and kept auction moving.They kept a fun atmosphere and were able to move quickly.If you haven't been to one of their auctions do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment