Friday, October 7, 2011

10-5-2011 Tillmans auction in Midlothian Virginia

Well second day at a Midlothian estate that was packed full of stuff.The weather made for a nice day for an auction.The people at the food vending were some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. It seems that the auctioneers have a very hard time getting started on time here,both of the auctions were considerably late which is not good for those of us not local to the auction.The younger auctioneer Brian I think his name is looks to have a good future in the auction business I think he goes thru product pretty quick.The thing I noticed about him is he does not sell Bibles or the American flag he gives them away with other items, some said that made him a bit too religious for auctioning but me personally I like to see someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe in.There was a lot of product again today at this auction and some went cheap some went high.The 2 things I didn't care for is how Bucky takes items out of box lots and sells them separately, so if you do not pay close attention what was in the box when you looked probably isn't anymore and also it makes the auction drag on when he pulls something from a box lot and it takes them 5 minutes to get a $2 bid. Something I did like is that they a lot of times will spread items from a box on a card table, this can be good or bad because now everyone knows what was in there.I also want to mention Mike one of the guys they have holds stuff up and organizes the auction, he is one of the best I have seen he knows product and really hustles and keeps things moving, without him we might still be there waiting for them to get stuff sold. But even with the things I didn't care for all and all I would say it was a good auction and a fun time.Also I should mention that both times i have been to their auction they had the correct number of items and amount when I went to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment